Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I have recently moved to Carroll Gardens. One evening my friend came over with her son who is seven. I have a three year old boy and a seven year old boy. She suggested we go to Lucali, which is on Henry Street between Carroll and Summit Streets. It is a pizza place, but not just any pizza place. It is dimly lit and filled with candles, not exactly the restaurant to take three boys, but she said the pizza was yummy, so ok, I would attempt it with a three year old. We ordered a cheese pizza and sat and waited. We watched the pizza makers rolling the dough with wine bottles. I watched my three year old use the metal stand to hold the pizza as a hat. The place is so charming and great for date night, there were a few couples in there, I don't think they were feeling very romantic when my three year old screamed and we had to leave for some air and a good talking to. The pizza arrived in a decent amount of time and was so good, thin crispy crust with the perfect amount of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. Fresh basil was served on a side plate and enhanced the simplicity of the ingredients. The boys devoured it and begged for more. The pizza is outstanding, and the ambience lovely. I will definitely go back, next time with a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment