Sunday, April 26, 2009

Snack Shop opens on Court Street but wasn't what I expected



The neon signed Snack Shop finally pulled down the brown paper in the windows this weekend only to reveal a high end deli.
I had hopes of a renewed Schnack or 50's style diner/soda shop from the name.
It doesn't look like anything special and they also have sushi?.... imported cheeses, pastry and chocolate. seems like a hodgepodge.

I am not really sure where they are going but it seems they are trying to do 10 different things at once and it's not going to work.
Will this place survive? Has anyone dared to try the Sushi?



2 comments:

  1. I agree--I was expecting something really cool behind that brown paper, and when they unwrapped it, I was just like, eh...

    The sushi bar is TINY and right inside the door. The place has a weird setup...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the sushi last weekend. it was cheap and average.

    ReplyDelete