Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Look what's popping up in Bushwick!

Hello,

my name is Tania. I am a new agent working with Victoria "the rockstar broker", at Realty Collective. I deal with apartment rentals in the Bushwick, Williamsburg, and Greenpoint areas of Brooklyn. I am a native Williamsburger (is that what we're called?) and I live in Bushwick.

Some people give me grief about where I live because of its riotous history, but I LOVE IT and this is why:

1) PARKING
2) adorable community gardens where you would least expect them
3) graffiti murals that speak of its streets the way the way Georgia O'Keeffe did of nature
4) its laid back community of extremist-creatives and cool people who can still appreciate a little old-fashioned New York City grit (and like it that way!)
5) it's kinda like Venice,CA, but without the beach and minus people saying "duuuuuude".
6) most restaurants deliver beer

and not only that! Over the past 2 years, I've seen business and restaurants popping up like happy daisies in places where once none would ever dare travel. Just this past year, Beauty Bar opened up another location just around the corner from me! It's lovely inside and the music is slammin'. Imagine that... Beauty Bar in Bushwick. It's there to greet you right when you get off the JMZ Myrtle train.

I just got back from the Northwest U.S. where I got really spoiled by the readily available amazingness of their coffee everywhere, namely Stumptown. Nevermind espresso, I'm talkin" drip. Anyway, I get back to find that Cafe Orwell, the cute little cafe that opened up around the corner on 247 Varet St (between White St & Bogart St), is serving it! They also feature live music and have kicked off an indie concert series, rightfully dubbed "Bush Folk".

Just sayin'... I love being part of Bushwick's real-life renaissance. There will be a lot more to post soon since empty commercial property here is being snatched up quickly and transformed into tasteful and trendy places to shop, chill, and dine. Welcome to my homeland :)

No comments:

Post a Comment