Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Smith Street Tattoo - on the dead side of Smith Street but will have a long life there



I got my first large tattoo this weekend at Smith Street Tattoo.
I had the appointment for over a month and spoke with Eli Quinters twice about what I was hoping to get.
He made sure I felt totally comfortable with my decision and his skills.
I had more then 5 people recommend the artists there and got rave reviews as well as examples of the stuff they got.
I am so happy with not only the ink but how awesome Steve and Eli were.
Steve a Carroll Gardens resident for over 10 years did a walk in piece for my friend while she was sitting around waiting for me. Eli spent more the 3 hours on my shoulder piece and the hour before fine tuning exactly what I wanted.
It was more like friends sitting around BS'ing and having fun. There is such a great vibe I have found myself just hanging out there cause it feels more like the local bar then a tattoo parlor. But I guess that's what you want in someone that is going to put something on your body that will be there for the rest of your life.
They have been open for over 6 months now and they have said that business has only picked up during the economic crisis. They are the perfect addition to Carroll Gardens and their old school style and attitude fit perfectly into the neighborhood.
I would recommend these guys to anyone that is looking for a talented tatto artist right in the neighborhood!




1 comment:

  1. oh and did you notice i got the new Brooklyn slogan? HOW SWEET IT IS!

    ReplyDelete