Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day in Dumbo

I decided to take my two boys, three and seven to Dumbo for Mother's Day. Our first stop was Dewey's Candy Shop, of course kids love this place, we picked out some bulk candy and headed for the water. It was chilly and windy, but that did not stop us from going to the rocky beach and throwing rocks in the East River. If you have not taken part in this activity, then you really should try it, especially if you have kids. My boys can do this for hours, it is a great way to relieve stress! Then we went to the playground that is shaped like a big ship, the boys ran up and down. We all decided to go for a ride on the tire swing, it was really fun! After all that playing we headed to Bubby's for some dinner, it wasn't open yet, so we went back and threw some more rocks. Bubby's is great for kids, especially when you sit next to the play area. We ordered food, the boys played, I enjoyed my burger and Shiraz. The boys gulped down a very delicious black and white milkshake, my older son did not like his grilled cheese, because it had white cheese. The food there is really good, and I love that they try and use organic and local ingredients whenever possible. We went home tired and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment