Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Clothesline Poles


I have recently moved to Carroll Gardens and absolutely LOVE it! I am especially intrigued with the clothesline poles in the backyard out of my rear windows. I don't have a clothesline attached to one of those poles so I can dry my laundry outside, but I am wondering how to get one. I did a little research on these poles and they represent Brooklyn history. Some people think they are eyesores. I think they are not only pieces of sculpture, but useful as well. I imagine how hard it was to dry the laundry in the dead of winter. Laundry day had to be planned on a sunny day. I love the creak of the rusty wheel when the laundry is brought in after it has dried. As I throw my clothes into the dryer at the laundromat I am thankful to have this modern convenience, but just a little envious of my neighbors who dry their clothes in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment