Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mother & Child


This is a beautiful photo I captured in the Fall of 2008. I was taking a photography class at Brooklyn College and my theme was Mother & Child. I walked down Court Street asking women with children if it was alright if I took photos of them. Most of them told me no. It was on Court Street at the corner of Dean in front of Starbucks that I asked this beautiful pregnant woman with her 2 year old daughter if I could take some photos of them. The lady was flattered and said yes, so I started clicking away. Unfortunately, I couldn't find enough women to take photos of so I had to change my theme to cats and dogs, which, might I add, I love as well.
The theme of Mother & Child has stuck in my mind ever since. I am taking an independent workstudy program at Brooklyn College this semester and decided I will continue with my Mother & Child project. But, it's different this time around. I would like to take photos of a mother and her child(ren), not only little children, a mother with her sons and/or daughters no matter the age, because as we all are aware no matter how old we are we are STILL our mother's child, LOL!
If anyone is interested in taking a part in this project you can contact me at (646).492.2219 or email me at j-ciliento@hotmail.com.
Thank you!

All the Best,

Jo-Jo

By the way the color photo is of my mom and I


No comments:

Post a Comment